This Privacy Notice explains in detail the types of personal data we may collect about you when you interact with us. It also explains how we’ll store and handle that data, and keep it safe.
We want you to be fully informed about your rights, and how Beacon House Ministries uses your data; we hope the following sections will answer any questions you have but if not, please do get in touch with us.
- The legal bases we rely on:
We will collect and process your data with your consent in order that we can keep you informed about the activities of the charity.
In specific situations we require your data to pursue our legitimate interests in a way which might reasonably be expected as part of running our charity and which does not materially impact your rights, freedoms or interests.
- When do we collect your personal data?
We collect personal data including your name and contact details if you make a donation, or contact the charity expressing support.
- How and why do we use your personal data?
As you have shown an interest in the work of Beacon House we would like to keep you informed by email or letter about our activities, events and needs.
Of course you are free to opt out of hearing from us at any time.
- How we protect your personal data
We will treat your data with the utmost care and take all appropriate steps to protect it.
Access to your personal data is double password protected.
- How long will we keep your personal data?
Whenever we collect or process your personal data, we’ll only keep it for as long as it is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected.
- Where will your personal data be processed?
Your data will be processed within the European Economic Area.
- What are your rights over your personal data?
You have the right to request:
- Access to the personal data we hold about you, free of charge in most cases.
- A copy of any information about you that Beacon Households at any one time and also to have that information corrected if inaccurate, out of date or incomplete
- That we stop any consent-based processing of your personal data after you withdraw that consent.
- In cases where we are processing your personal data on the basis of our legitimate interest, you can ask us to stop for reasons connected to your individual situation. We must then do so unless we believe we have a legitimate overriding reason to continue processing your personal data.
Please contact the Information Governance Officer regarding any of the above requests.
To protect the confidentiality of your information, we will ask you to verify your identity before proceeding with any request you make under this Privacy Notice. If you have authorised a third party to submit a request on your behalf, we will ask them to prove they have your permission to act. If we choose not to action your request we will explain to you the reasons for our refusal.